Monday, July 9

Opening Plenary Session

I guess opening plenary sessions at fundraising conferences are usually more about setting a mood than providing detailed practical information. Today's speaker, Anthony Tony Elischer, did both. It's a shame that only a fraction of the 1300 registrants for the conference attended.

Tony shared trends, observations, and predictions while also challenging fundraisers to take bold risks. He also shared this video (below) by Michael Wesch, Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology at Kansas State University.



I've never seen or heard a better description of why Web 2.0 matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thx so much for blogging this conf. Are you using a PDA to write during the sessions? I'm convinced I will be able to find out who you are by end of day tomorrow...

I wonder if anyone else will get the joke of you calling him "Anthony" instead of Tony.